Sunday 1 September 2013

Lip Factory August Box

My first order from the Lip Factory arrived about a week ago. I decided to give this a try after reading a post in one of the Beauty Heaven forums. 

This box comes from the U.S, so takes a bit longer and is more expensive than the Australian versions, but I am always eager to try new things...so thought I'd give it a whirl. 

First thing I noticed upon opening the box was that all items appeared to be full sized - so that was a great start.

PLEASE NOTE: All prices listed have come from the Lip Factory website, therefore are in American dollars.

NYX Wonder Pencil
WP01 Light
1g
RRP $4.50
(FULL SIZE)

This pencil works in three ways -to CONCEAL flaws and blemishes; LINE your lips against lipstick bleeding and fading; and BRIGHTEN your eyes along the water line.

I really like this pencil, and love that it is a multi-tasker. My only concern is the thought of using it on blemishes then on eyes and/or lips......mmmmmm.... does not sound too hygienic to me!. I have used it on my lips and really love it (have decided it will be a 'lip only' pencil despite it's multi-tasking abilities)

The colour suits my skin tone (pale) - this is what I really like about this box - it is really tailored to my wants and needs. I hate it when I get a great product/sample and it is totally wrong for my colouring (so either sits in a drawer or is given away).


Sweetpea & Fay
Lip Joule
'Big Parade'
10g
RRP $7.99
(FULL SIZE)

WOW! does this pack a punch!. The colour is very vibrant and screams fun. Not my normal shade, but (hopefully) with summer coming this will look great. 

The Etui Lip Joule's are very pigmented and have a rich creamy texture - I found the texture and effect very similar to the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics lip tar products - very creamy with intense colours. 

This lip joule is sweet smelling - reminds me of lollies - delicious! and is easy to apply (I actually used my small brush from my lip tar). 

I love it!!! and although a bit bright at the moment, will be definitely wearing it when the weather warms up and I get out my summer clothes!


White Towel/Makeup Remover
1 Towel
RRP $2.00

This 100% cotton cloth towel is a 2-in-1 exfoliator and makeup remover. It is gentle and leaves the skin feeling fresh not oily.

A brand I have never heard of before, so I checked it out on their website and noticed they can be purchased separately or in multiple packets.

According to the website this product is pre-moistened, rolled and individually wrapped in a plastic sleeve. It is also single use, but environment friendly and bio-degradable (shame about the 'plastic' wrapping though!).

I have not tested this but chosen to keep it for my Singapore trip, although I am keen to find out where I can get more as I like the idea.

ColourU Cosmetics
Matte Lipstick
'Matte Cinnamon'
4g
RRP $15.00
(FULL SIZE)

This lipstick offers brilliant colour and is enriched with anti-oxidants and vitamins. It also has a unique moisture locking formula.

Another new brand, so I did a quick search and found their website and found quite a range of different items.

I really like this lipstick. The colour is exactly what I would have chosen for myself (cudos to Lip Factory!) and it looks lovely when applied. I like that it has a matte effect (rather than gloss) and lasts well. I also love the smell!.

Definitely a keeper!

Red Cherry
Natural Lashes
#113 Black
RRP $3.00
(FULL SIZE)

Made from 100% human hair, these eye lashes are designed to naturally accentuate the eye.

Unfortunately this is the one product I will not be using. Personally I do not like false eye lashes - I have never had any luck with them and I do not like the effect (on me).


MeMeMe Cosmetics
Shimmer Stack Illuminating Powder
'Gold'
12g
RRP $12.36
(FULL SIZE)

I currently use, and love, the MeMeMe Cosmetics range, having a few of their makeup items. I was pleased to receive an item I have not tried as yet from their range. 

This shimmer stack is used to highlight and define by sweeping a large brush over the palette to create illumination along the cheekbones to highlight, contour and define.

I like the subtleness of this product. The tones are light and suggest rather than scream definition (which I prefer). Lovely to use, great colours/tones and looks great on my (pale) skin.

Very happy with this item.


All up I am very pleased with my little collection. I was introduced to a number of new items (brands I have never heard of before) and was very impressed with how they suited me (rather than being randomly chosen). 

In regards to prices I am not sure about comparisons to same similar items in Australia, however I do know buying the MeMeMe shimmer block off the Australian website would cost me closer to $30.00 (plus postage). 

I suppose this box is more expensive, and takes longer to arrive, but I am happy to take it month by month and see where it leads me. Added to that all items were FULL size - so that was a bonus, and I did find the quality of the items to be excellent. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynnelle - I'm a Lip factory subscriber as well and got different colors but the same stuff as you. I am always impressed by their offerings - so much better than any boxes I've found within Australia! I've used the Wonder Pencil as a brow highlighter, so add that to it's magical properties, it works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Red Sage. I didn't think to use the pencil as a highlighter - fab idea!. Yes, I think Lip Factory are great and am impressed with the quality of the 'chosen' items (especially as they are tailored to suit my colouring/style. I get quite frustrated at some of the Aussie boxes - you tick all the boxes to suit yourself, but they send you items which are way off...

    ReplyDelete