Tuesday 15 October 2013

Lust have it! SPRING Eco Box (October 2013)

My Spring box arrived a couple of days ago from Lust Have it and I am very pleased with its contents. A great range of products. These Eco boxes have been great (I think this is about my 3rd or 4th one so far and all have been fabulous!). The only thing I haven't been thrilled about is the hessian bag (I am hyper-sensitive to hessian!) - but that is nothing to be hung up on.

This box arrives every three months and is more expensive than the normal monthly box ($29.95), but it contains at least 5 - 6 deluxe items worth about $100.00 in total.

Savi Organics 
Spicy Sandalwood Body Cream
125ml
RRP $29.45
FULL SIZE ITEM

'This exotic fragrance of spices from the orient, along with Australian sandalwood and hints of incense ream will leave your skin feeling invigorated, fresh and alive'

I must say I love sandalwood, must be my hippy roots, but I do love the scent - it smells so fresh and exotic to me. So the scent was the first thing that attracted me to this cream., then I noticed it was made in Margaret River, Western Australia (my home state), so two thumbs up for that!
In regards to application - well it soaked into my skin instantly and did not leave an oily or greasy residue (three thumbs up!), and the scent was 'heavenly'. I am really going to enjoy using this product especially when the spring/summer months start to heat up. 
This product is Australian Certified Organic.

 La Mav 
Pure Rosehip Oil
30ml
RRP $24.95
FULL SIZE

Taken from the website

La Mav Organic Skin Science® is Australia's first certified organic, 100% naturally derived, anti-ageing skin care range. La Mav products are not only organic, but formulated with clinically-proven skin care BIO-ACTIVES derived from nature, which deliver visible results and are gentle on the skin.
Entire La Mav range is certified organic, certified cruelty-free and guaranteed to be free from harsh petrochemicals, sulphates, GMOs, parabens, mineral oil, phthalates and artificial colours or fragrances.



I love rosehip oil, so was pleased to get this in the box. I love the packaging - very cute and attractive!. The bottle is a pump action and was of a generous size - 30ml (which I found out is full sized). Lightly scented it was easy to apply (although I was a little too vigorous with my pumping and too much product squirted out). I will definitely be using this on the scar on my (left) hand. 

Upon reading the blurb from the website (see above) I was pleased to find it was organic and free from all the nasties which can be found in many of our beauty products.

More information on the product range at www.lamav.com

 Plunkets 
NS-3 Lip Balm
10ml
RRP $6.45
FULL SIZE

This natural and organic pawpaw formula provides long lasting relief for sore lips. Well my lips are not sore, but they are definitely very dry. So I decided to give this a go. It has very little smell and is colourless and a little bit of a gloss when applied. Straight away it felt soothing to my lips and within the day they were less dry and more supple.
It is a great sized tube to pop in your handbag  and use when required. Definitely an item I would buy again.


                                                                       Sukin  
Facial Moisturiser and Foaming Facial Cleanser
50ml each
RRP $9.95 per 125ml

These two items are not full size, but at 50ml definitely big enough to get a good trial out of them, and/or great size for travelling. 
The cleanser is sulphate free and provides a gentle, non-drying cleanser which removes impurities, while leaving the skin feeling soft and clean.  It is a clear gel-like product which foams nicely when used. Is easily washed off and leaves my skin smelly fresh and clean. Lovely!
The moisturiser has a nice consistency and rapidly soaks into my skin without leaving it greasy - which is great for me!. It too has a soft fragrance which smells fresh and clean. It is paraben free and is suitable for all skin types.
According to the tube this moisturiser combines aloe vera, horsetail, nettle and burdock to soothe the skin, while has rosehip wheat germ, jojoba and avocado oils to promote healthy skin renewal.
I have just arrived home from a 10 day holiday in Singapore and for some reason the skin near my nose and mouth is exceptionally dry (unbelievable!! as I have normally very oily skin and have never experienced dryness before!). I have found this product very soothing to my skin, and hopefully with more use will restore some of the balance in my skin. I have also had a bad bout of hayfever so the area around my nose is red, dry, sore and peeling. I am hoping this will get better with the use of this product.

 Out of Africa 
100% Pure Unrefined She Butter
(Verbena)
57g
RRP $9.99
FULL SIZE

I fell in love with this the instantI saw it -the tin is absolutely adorable with the giraffe on the label...then I opened it and loved it even more! The grapefruit scent is heavenly! and I couldn't wait to give it a try.

This product advertises itself as 'a revolutionary  all natural serum containing Australian plant-active ingredients to firm, strengthen and soothe...'

As it is a hard product in the tin you need to soften it by rubbing it between your palms for a few seconds before application (still loving that smell!). So far I have only applied it to my elbows (mine are quite rough at present and are in need of some attention). I found it easy to apply and in the last few days I have notice the skin is less rough than previously. I am very pleased with this product and find the tin very convenient (and that smell...mmmm...yum!)

According to the packaging 15c from each purchase is donated to help provide education and medical care to children in West Africa (www.outofafricashea.com) - so not only is it a great product but proceeds help a great cause!. 

Fresh Therapies
EDEN Natural Nail Polish Remover
no size on bottle - sample size
RRP $22.00 for 50ml

Oops, sorry - upsize down photo (darn I need to learn how to rectify that!). As stated above no a full size, however the bottle has a screw lid (probably will come in handy as a re-fill). The scent isn't bad, yes it does smell like nail polish remover but it isn't as harsh and has a lime scent. It is clear and I found it works well to remove nail polish. However I do not see myself spending $22.00 on nail remover!.

This product is totally natural and contains no harmful chemicals. The plant-based ingredients are non-toxic and non-carcinogenic - so is safe for children, pregant women and those undergoing treatment for illness.


 TOM Organics 


Regular Tampons
Single pack of 16 RRP $7.99
This was a bonus item

Grr another up-side-down pic! Anyways I wont comment on this item and I don't have a use for them (the wonder of modern medicine and operations!)


Oh dear I seem to have missed out an item...... Will pop in a pic from the internet just to show the full sized item.

Sasy n Savy Citrus Soufflé Body Creme
Sasy n Savy
Citrus Souffle
Body Creme
10ml
RRP $41.00 for 120ml
Sample size

I must say when I first smelt this I did not like it (it smelt very 'plasticy'), once applied to my skin I still didn't take to it. However after a minute or so the scent seemed to 'bloom' and it was quite lovely - very citrusy and fresh.

Sample size so will fit nicely in my hand bag and I will be using it as a hand cream.


So all up I must say I was very, very happy with my little lot. I received FOUR full sized items (totaling $70.84) and many of these items (especially the lip balm, rosehip oil and shea butter) I will definitely be purchasing in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment