Sunday 27 October 2013

Neutrogena Beach Defence Sunscreen - Beauty Heaven Trial Team



WHAT THE WEBSITE SAYS.....
Neutrogena® Beach Defense™ Sunscreen Lotion provides superior skin protection from harsh summer elements, clinically proven to help defend the signs of sun damage. 

Beach Defense™ Sunscreen Lotion provides beach strength broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection in a lightweight, fast absorbing formula, ideal for outdoor skin protection of the active family. 

WHAT I SAY......
A HUGE thank you to Beauty Heaven for inviting me to trial this product. I was thrilled to get chosen to trial the Neutrogena Beach Defence Sunscreen.

I really love the packaging! The bright yellow makes it easy to find and reminds me of bananas (summer is finally here- whooo hooo!). I also like the 'upside down' aspect of the packaging - I found it easier to use and less squeezing than a tube. Due to this aspect the product sits up easily in my cupboard (without falling over) - which is a plus too!. The grips (indents on the sides) makes for easier gripping and less slippage if you have greasy hands.
I was not even aware that you could get an SPF50 sunscreen - kudos to Neutrogena! I think this is fabulous as I burn up quicker than a iceberg in the desert, so the higher the protection the better for me. Even sitting the shade I get burnt to a crisp so the higher the protection the better for me.

I am also loving the fact that it is '4 hours water resistant'. This offers me greater protection in and out of the water (without having to constantly replenish). And I don't need to continually 'top up' my sunscreen (bonus!)

The product is a good size, although I must say to me 198 ml is a weird amount - why not make it 200 ml and be done with it?. Anyways it is a great size. Not too big for inclusion in my 'summer bag', and with plenty of quantity to last me well into summer.

I like the fact that the lid seals nice and tightly - stops the sunscreen from dribbling/oozing out and preventing those horrible, yucky bag spills. Although it seals tightly it is easy enough to flip open the lid (much easier to handle than those screw lids, especially if you have sweaty or greasy hands) without feeling like you are wrestling with the bottle just to get to the sunscreen.

The product feels smooth and creamy (not too thick nor too runny) and application was quick and easy, with the sunscreen quickly absorbing into my skin without rubbing. I did find it did feel a little sticky after application and I needed to wash my hands after use (my one grip about sunscreen - yuck!). But after a while this stickiness did fade.

The smell is heavenly (and as I am a 'scent' person the smell is a very important aspect of its buy-ability. If I don't like the  smell I wont buy it - no matter how great the product is). To me it has a really fruity smell to it and it is not over powering. The scent reminded me of summer fruits and all things tropical. Once applied the smell is not irritating or lingering, with the smell dissipating rapidly, leaving very little in the way of a smell - which is great for me as I am not keen on the smell of sunscreens.

I am happy to say while trialing this sunscreen I didn't get burnt at all. Yes I do know full summer is not quite upon us yet. However as I mentioned my lily-whiteness and proneness to burning easily means even the milder days get me. Seriously who gets sun burnt driving the work??! (10 minutes away). Well I do and I managed to prevent this happening simply by using this product.

ANY TIPS?
When applying the sunscreen I found a little bit goes quite a long way - so don't slather it on otherwise there will be sunscreen everywhere!

IDEAL FOR.....

I think this product would be great for people like me - lily-whites who burn simply at the mention of the sun!. I also think it would be great for families, especially those with young children due to its SPF50 factor and the fact that it lasts for four hours. 

I think it is a great product for people like me who are not keen on the smell of sunscreen - as it has a pleasant fruity/tropical scent and the smell disappears quickly after application.

WOULD I BUY IT?
YES! I think it is a great product and with its high protection factor a staples for any family this summer. At $16.99 I think it is a sensible buy simply due to its SPF50 factor.

MY RATING....
5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment