Tuesday 29 October 2013

Lust Have It "Fashion & Beauty" September Box


It  may appear I am a little late with reviewing this box. Unfortunately my box never arrived and upon returning home from my recent holiday I contacted LHI and a replacement was sent out. I received it today!

First thing I noticed upon opening my (quite battered) box (I wish Australia Post would take more care with mail as I am forever receiving torn letters and bashed parcels). 
Anyway where was I? ...... I noticed the colours - very summery and very pastelly! and the 'box' which was not a box. I am used to getting boxes every month I can recycle and reuse as they are either sturdy or attractive. Well this box was simply that a white cardboard box (disappointed!)

 DURI Nail Enamel
599 Call Me Maybe (Neon Peach)
1125 Pie in the Sky (Mint Green)
 15 ml
RRP $18 each
These are two colours I definitely do not have in my 200+ nail polish collection, and I must admit I would never purchase these colours myself....however......
I really, really love these colours and I will definitely wear - maybe alone or together to create a complimentary mani combination, but I definitely will be using them.

Up until the pre-advertising of this box I had not heard of DURI, however a quick check of their website shows a multitude of various products (ranging from nail enamel to lip gloss and depilatory products). It is worth a look.


  FaB Mint Green Watch
RRP $29.95
This watch is a lovely colour (mint green) and very summery, however it is just not for me. To start with it is cheap looking and very flimsy feeling. I would not pay $29.95 for it (sorry!). 

For me a watch is quite a personal item and unless you know a person's taste...well you don't give/buy them one.

I must admit I am a GUESS watch person - I love them and currently own about five of them. So I wont be swapping (any) of them for this.


  FaB Tassel Necklace
RRP $19.95
Quite a delicate necklace which will look great with either a t-shirt or dress. I can see myself wearing this item this summer. I wasn't too sure about it initially, however after trying it on I found it goes very nicely with a few of my summer clothes. So I will keep this one.

  LUST HAVE IT!
Limited Edition Tote Bag
RRP $12.95
I have so many of these bags and I have no use for anymore. I will never use it. This bag will be going straight into my 'bag collection' at school for students to use if they require a bag to carry something home it.


 FaB Aztec Print Scarf
RRP $24.95
In the bag this scarf looks quite ordinary, however once removed and opened I found it to be lovely. If it was in a shop I wouldn't look twice at it, however once I touched it I felt differently. It is very sheer, light and very soft and will come in useful over summer. 

I think it will come in especially handy for going out at night (or in the evening) - to ward of that chill you sometimes get but its not enough to warrant a jumper/cardigan. 

At more than 1 metre by 2 metres it is a generously sized scarf - big enough to even sit on. Plus due to its sheerness it will easily fit into a handbag and be useful during the summer, and even come in handy at the beach or pool.


MY THOUGHTS......
After the months of hype leading up to this box I must admit I am a little under whelmed. I paid for my box back on 26th July and have been eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Upon opening the box I did find it a bit of a fizzer and wonder if the wait was worth it. And do I bother ordering the next box?????, especially since it does cost $35 per month!

Well I have decided to get the next box and see if LHI lifts their game (I have read other blogs and it is not just me who is under whelmed). So I will wait and see.

The ads claim we are getting over $100 worth of products for $35 (bargain! bargain!), but unless they are 'worth it' or makes me want to 'buy it' it is not a bargain. Yes there are three items in this 'box' I do like, of which one I would buy more of (the DURI nail enamel), so was it worth it this time?, well no! 

Am I too harsh? Was I expecting too much?
What are your thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. It's a shame that it all went wrong the one time you were away!

    I actually really like the watch, necklace and polishes, and I'm pretty obsessed with the scarf, so I'm considering this a great box. At $35, it's a bit cheaper than Her Fashion Box, and their first box was met with rather bad reviews (though I did like the accessories in that one too so I was pretty happy).

    Tough call, but I like to consider it a win if I REALLY like at least one item in the box, especially if its something I would never have thought to purchase myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked your box Made Up Maiden :)
      I suppose after all the hype and waiting for so long (and it was a long, drawn out process from payment to receiving actual box) I probably had very high expectations.
      I have heard a lot about the Her Fashion Box - so much that I have put in an order for the November box.
      I am hoping the next Fab Box blows me away

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you on most of your comments! I don't think your being harsh at all, just honest which is totally okay. The calico bag is just plain and cheap with a weird paint on it. I wouldn't really use it except to keep in my usual bag and save on plastic and put my shopping in it (eg priceline products or a small shop at the supermarket). The watch I've used a couple of times when my phone broke but mainly because I don't own a watch and I am used to using my phone as my watch. The watch doesn't suit me that well, it's not really my style. I have tried to get it to work but it's not a favourite of mine. I'd probably go a silver or gold watch. The scarf is very pretty and I've used it several times. LOVE!! The polishes are very pretty and I didn't have anything like it either. I wore the necklace once and a piece of it fell off within hours of wearing it. I'm not a big fan of the necklace as it doesn't match much in my wardrobe and not really my style but it's not bad. I mainly felt the box was worth it for the pretty scarf and polishes but I'm hoping the next couple of boxes are more suited to my style. Can't wait to receive the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the her fashion box more. I have stuck with them for a while and enjoyed most products in each box. I like how they tailor to your personal style :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard lots about this box. Have put in an order for November's box

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your comment Blackmagic :)
    I feel awful making comments if they are not positive - maybe the long drawn out wait was a major contributor

    ReplyDelete