Wednesday 30 October 2013

Bellabox October 2013


My October Bellabox arrived on Monday - just in time for the end of the month!. No box this time, all items were in bubble wrap (what's with that?), I must admit I felt a bit cheated about that.

Bellabox turned 2 in October - WOW, how time flies! - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I cannot believe how quickly the years click over.

Jacqueline Burchell
Nail Lacquer
5ml
RRP $17.95 per 15ml
NOT FULL SIZE ITEMS

Very cute little bottle of nail polish, I received Heiress (stone colour) and This is Beautiful (shimmery lilac colour). I have not heard of this brand before - so a new nail polish (goodie!!). 
Both polishes are lovely colours - which I will definitely use (actually together they would make a great complimentary mani). So very pleased with that.
According to the blurb the range includes over 300 colours! and it dries in minutes.

 Beyonce 
Heat EDP
2ml
RRP $39.00 per 100ml
NOT FULL SIZE ITEM
This sample looks like a lolly in a red wrapper (and I note others have made this same comment too). I like this concept as a sample, very quirky! I also like the applicator (remove the lid and you dab the fragrance on as it has 'holes' in the top - never seen that before)

I actually quite like the smell and believe it or not it does make me think of 'heat' - something warm and a bit fiery and spicy - a bit of zing!. Although I must admit I will not be rushing out to buy it as it does not 'grab' me and leave me wanting more.

 Bioderma
Sebium Exfoliating Gel
15ml
RRP $24.95 for 100ml
NOT FULL SIZE
I have used this brand previously (in samples I have received  and I quite like how they control the oil on my skin. I find my skin feels fresh (and less oily) after using this product. I simply have not got around to buying a full sized item yet.

 L'OCCITANE
Shea Butter Hand Cream
10ml
RRP $39.00 for 150ml
NOT FULL SIZE
Another sample of hand cream, I feel I am getting inundated with them at the moment. I remember getting a sample of this brand with a Woman's Weekly not that long ago. I chose the Rose scented one. And their sample was 30ml - way much bigger than this sample.

I am not keen on the smell of this cream - I will be handing this one onto someone else to try.


 Alfaparf Semi Di Lino
Diamond Shampoo & Diamond Conditioner
60ml shampoo
50ml conditioner
RRP $25.00 for 250ml shampoo
RRP $28.00 for 250ml conditioner
NOT FULL SIZED ITEMS
Interesting thing is I wrecently read an article about this brand of shampoos and conditioners and I was keen to give them a try. Then these arrive in my October box - thank you!

I have not tried them yet, however I do like the smell (will be giving them a test tonight).
Apparently these products contain a colour fix that boosts shine and intensity and as I dye my hair I am keen to give it a try. The blurb also says it restores hair to its original soft and strong glory....I'm all for that!

Although sample sizes they are a good volume - should be able to get a number of washes from each container.

Maybelline
New York Dream Pure BB Cream
1ml
RRP $15.95 for 30ml
THIS WAS A BONUS
Whoopie a bonus.... mmmm yeah I am so over whelmed...not...
Sorry, but I hate how these are held up to be something marvelous when in fact you get these samples in most women's magazines (or on a counter in the chemist for free!)


I am not quite sure how I feel about this month's box. Yes there are some great items (I particularly do love the nail enamels), however there is NOT a single FULL SIZED item in sight - each item is a sample so I'm not sure if I feel cheated or not especially since I did recieve advertsing about 'it's our second birthday but YOU get the treats'...... mmmmm...maybe I simply got a dud box. Not sure

Am I harsh? am I expecting too much? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment