Saturday 28 December 2013

Bellabox - December 2013

I had a glut of boxes arriving all on the same day (24th December) and with the festive season am only now had the opportunity to have a look-see. 
Unfortunately Bellabox appears to have given away the concept of the 'box', for a bag. Something I am very disappointed about as I loved the boxes and found them fantastic for storing things and using them as gift boxes (decorated of course)


Romy
Hand & Nail Cream
Eucalyptus & Lemongrass
RRP $33.50 for 100ml
FULL SIZE ITEM
I have never heard of this brand before, but as I love hand cream I am happy to test this product out!. This cream is a plant-derived product from Sydney and is enriched with super anti-oxidant Australian bush fruit extracts and essential oils. This product contains eucalyptus, lemongrass, avocado oil and apricot kernel oil.
The product is thick and creamy, but quickly absorbs into my skin leaving a lovely lemony-eucalyptus scent. I did find it left my hands a bit sticky and had to wait a few minutes before touching anything.

Bellabox Bag
Oh no not another bag...I am sorry but that is just how I feel. I have no use for this bag (and would prefer the box). Added to that it is a strange size - not big enough to be useful (i.e. shopping) but too big to keep small items in. I have no use for it. I will be adding it to my bag collection at school.

A*S*A*P
Clearskin Gel
15ml
RRP $59.00 for 120ml
NOT FULL SIZE ITEM
This product contains a strong blend of AHAs & BHA complexes to scrub off dead cells to improve skin tone, while creating a layer of protection against environmental stresses. It is suitable for acne prone and dull skin.

St Tropez
Gradual Tan
Medium/Dark
30ml
RRP $33.95 for 200ml
NOT FULL SIZE ITEM
I must admit I am not a fan of this type of product and no matter what the label (or advertising  says I still make a huge mess with unsatisfactory results. I have used this product before and found this shade way to dark for me so I will be donating it to my daughter (who it will be mush more suitable for)

Avene
D-Pigment
Rich Dark Spot Lightener
3ml
RRP $59.95 for 30ml
NOT FULL SIZE ITEM
I 'discoverd' this brand this year through my ample boxes and have wondered why it has taken me so long to find them. I am totally in love with the range, especially how it works a treat on my oily skin. However I must admit I have yet to purchase a full-sized item simply due to the number of samples I have been working my way through.....but I will!.
This is one product I have (as yet) not tried. Probably because I have no need for it (at present). However reading the advertising it may be useful for acne and discoloration  spots.

Sinful Colours
Nail Enamel
RRP $4.95 for 15ml
FULL SIZE ITEM
Well at least it is not red!!!. Why is it I continue to receive red nail enamels in the samples boxes...and I NEVER wear red enamel! (I find it too harsh - and cheap looking - with my skin tone). So I am one of those unfortunate people who will never have the opportunity to flash beautiful long, red nails (lol!)
Anyways back to this product. Despite it being a lovely colour I will not be using this enamel as I do not like the brand - I find the colors in this range to be very thin and wishy-washy. I have to layer on too many coats to achieve a desired result (then it chips off very quickly)

I also received an Eslor sample pack (very heard of this brand before) - samples nicely presented in a cardboard pouch. The pack contained a Soothing Refiner & Cleanser, Replenishing Scrub, Soothing Cream and Comforting Mask (4 x 5ml).
There was also a Palmer's Cocoa Butter Daily Cleansing Gel 

What did I think of the December Box?:
All up I received over $38 worth of products - so good value for the month. In regards to 'usability' (for me), well it was an ok box - nothing I really loved and 1 item I dislike (nail enamel), but an opportunity to test products I have not tried before.

No comments:

Post a Comment