Saturday 28 December 2013

Violet Box - December 2013



My December box arrived on the afternoon of the 24th December - just in time for Christmas and it was full of some fabulous goodies. However due to the rush and mayhem of the festive period I only now have had the opportunity (and quite time) to sit down and have a scrounge through my box - and I was not disappointed!.

J'Adore Les Levres
"I Love Lips"
Willa
10g
RRP $12.99 per 10g
FULL SIZE ITEM
I have received this brand of lip gloss (apparently it is a 'liquid lipstick') in a previous box and have quite liked it. I have found them to have great pigment and good wearability and being in a tube it is easy to pop in my handbag for re-application (if required) throughout the day. I received 'Willa' which is a lovely medium purple tint with pink undertones - which perfectly matches my skin tone.
The gloss smells delicious - a soft French vanilla scent and applies with a creamy texture for a glorious glossy look - fabulous!

Evo the Therapist
Calming Shampoo and Conditioner
50ml each
RRP $29.95 per 300ml
NOT FULL SIZE ITEM

These items are both have moisturing properties which aid in the repair and re-hydration of hair. They are recommended for hair which is frizzy, dry and colour-treated.
Once again another product I have received previously in another box - and have really liked. Both products have a lovely scents - reminds me a bit of powder. Being in sample pots I will be putting them aside for my trip to Auckland in the new year.

Jelly Pong Pong
Wide Awake Palette
RRP $32.00
FULL SIZE ITEM
Another Jelly Ping Pong product, I really loved the lip gloss I received a few months ago so am really looking forward to testing this item. This product is a complexion-illuminating palette with highlighter, concealer and eye brow sculptor. 
I love, love this little palette. The colours are definitely for me and I love that it is animal cruelty free, has a green and integrity commitment.

Crabtree & Evelyn Pomegranate, Argan & Grapeseed - Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy
Crabtree & Evelyn
Pomegranate Hand Therapy
25g
RRP $10.00 for 25g
NOT FULL SIZE ITEM
Not sure what happened here, but my photo has disappeared - so have used a pic from the internet (sorry!).
One of Crabtree & Evelyn's best selling hand creams now comes scented with the sweetness of pomegranate combined with fresh fig leaf and a burst of citrus. Conditioning shea butter, pomegranate, grapeseed, macadamia nut, and argan oils moisturise and soothe hands, while myrrh helps to condition cuticles and nails.
This hand cream smells delicious! I have tried other hand creams from Crabtree & Evelyn before and really loved their creaminess and look forward to testing this cream. Being in a smaller tube it will be great to pop in my handbag or use for travelling.



The only item which I was not impressed with is the $30 gift card (see above). Yes it's great....unless you live in WA or NT where you cannot redeem it :(
It really bugs me (and it happens a lot) when I receive these type of 'gifts' - as it is a nation-wide box maybe more thought needs to go into these extra 'freebies' - yes I know I am having a bit of a whinge but it simply gets annoying. I re-gifted mine to someone who lives over east (hopefully they will get some use out of it)
On a happier note I thought the multi-coloured candy cane was sweet (and yummy too!)

My thoughts on the December box:
Loving, loving, loving it - all beauty items I loved and will use (yay!). I did read a number of comments from people who were disappointed in the box, however I am extremely happy :). I got $54.99+ worth of items - items I can seriously use.






No comments:

Post a Comment