Monday 30 December 2013

Lip Factory Boxes - November & December 2013


Due to the end of year rush (finalising work, marking external exams, interviews, etc...) I did not get the time to write about my Lip Factory November box. What I have done is combined the 2 in this blog and noted which box items came from (I hope it is not too confusing). I have made an effort to do this simply because I have been so thrilled about all the fabulous goodies I have been receiving in my boxes.

Lip factory advertises itself as:
Lip Factory Inc is an exclusive, affordable, makeup subscription service. 
We provide the easiest and most economical way to explore the makeup brands that you have always wanted to try.
New brands and color palettes are dedicated to your door each month.

Although this is a U.S based box I find my subscription arrives much faster than the Australian ones (WTF? how do they manage that?) and - so far- it has been far superiors in regards to variety and quality of products. It is more expensive than the Australian boxes ($US32.00), however I have so far found it to be value for money as I am receiving items/products which are tailored to my skin tone and style.

So what did I receive these last two months?

Model Co. 
Lip Couture Lipstick
RRP $US17.00
RRP $AU16.95
FULL SIZE ITEM
(November box)
I love Models Co. and fell in love with the colour as soon as I opened the lid. The colour is definitely me - I love these lippies that appear to have a blue under-tone - they look fab with my skin tone. This lipstick offers a satin finish and has a highly moisturising formula.
I love the unbuilt mirror - very funky, and useful too!
Will definitely be testing this lipstick out.

Palladio
Herbal Lipstick
RRP $US6.99
FULL SIZE ITEM
(November box)
I purchased this brand of lipstick from TVSN about 10-13 years ago - and really loved it (colour was very similar to this one). Since then I have not noticed this brand in store so I was pleasantly surprised to receive one in my November box. 
This is a full-coverage lipstick and is very hydrating to wear.
As I previously said I loved my last encounter with this brand and look forward to testing this one. Once again the colour is my 'colour' - so very happy here.


 Medusa's Makeup 
Lipstick
'Miami'
RRP $US12.00
FULL SIZE ITEM
(November box)
This is a new brand to me and what a stunner it is. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous - beautiful box and gorgeous tube (love the rose motif on the top). Miami is not normally my colour (not a pink person) but there is no way I'm giving this away with packaging this gorgeous!.
I did try this lipstick, and believe it or not I love it!. It is the perfect summer shade. 

 
 Medusa's Makeup 
Lipgloss
RRP $US8.00
FULL SIZE ITEM
(November box)
Another lovely item from the Medusa line, this time a lipgloss. As you can see by the far right photograph I received a beautiful purple/pink gloss. The gloss is highly pigmented, applies beautifully and looks gorgeous on. It has won me over even with the fact that it is cruelty-free and PETA certified.


 Designer Skin 
Fall Lip Shimmer
RRP $US7.30
FULL SIZE ITEM
(November box)
The fifth lip product from the November box. This product drenches your lips while nourishing and conditioning them with vitamin E and essential fatty acids - excellent for those dry summer days!.

This shimmer is formulated to be high shine, long-wearing and non-sticky. It comes as a click pen package and is purse-friendly and allows for precise application. WOW! can't wait to give this one a go. Plus it is a lovely pale shade, suitable for anywhere and anytime.

 Retractable Lip Brush 
RRP $US3.88
FULL SIZE ITEM
(November box)
The sixth and final product from my November box is this cute retractable lip brush. I am not normally a brush person - I prefer to use my finger, but my daughter has already snaffled this item and loves it - so it was not wasted.


Michael Marcus 
Plump Lip Plumper
RRP $US20.00
FULL SIZE ITEM
(December box)
A new brand to me, this lip plumper is enriched with natural emollients, which increasing lip shine, hydration and volume.
I love, love, love these type of products and have a number of them. Unlike many plumper this does not sting when applied - my lips do feel a little tingly but it is not an unpleasant sensation. I love the cool and 'wet' feel of this plumper - my lips feel hydrated while being slightly glossy..... and plumped!. 
Very, very pleased with this product and I have been using it most days, either alone or under lip glosses or lipstick (for that extra bit of plumpness). 

NCLA 
Nail laquer
"Emerald Bay'
RRP $US16.00
FULL SIZE ITEM
(December box)
Oh lordy me is this nail polish divine or what?, I nearly swooned when I opened my December box and so this (as you can see it didn't take me long to 'test' this product out!)
This is another brand I have never heard of, however since seeing this I have done some research and found websites where I can purchase more - NCLA has a huge range of nail enamels and nail stickers (I feel I am in heaven!).


MeMeMe 
Boho Balm 
Lip & Cheek Tint
'Pink Rouge'
RRP $US10.34
RRP $AU18.95
11g
FULL SIZE ITEM
(December box)
This is another brand I love and am familiar with (and have purchased from their website this last year). This is a dual colour, blendable lip and cheek balm which comes in a sweetly decorated tin. The tints are lovely and it smells divine. I have previously eyed this product off on the website, and am so happy I received one in my December box.
  

JCat Fab Five 
Eye Shadow Palette
RRP $US4.00
5g
FULL SIZE ITEM
(December box)
This is the third new brand to me in my December box....and it has a cat on it (so it must be fabulous!). 
The colours in this palette are perfect for me - I love neutral tones and find they are great for every day wear. This palette of 5 brown shades compliment each other while highlighting my eyes. The shadows apply beautifully and are long-lasting...all for only $US4.00!.







My December box also included a PureCeuticals Pumpkin Enzyme Cleanse (RRP $US3.00). Of all the products this was the only sample.
I also received an Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara (RRP $US2.99) - and was a FULL SIZE ITEM. For some reason I cannot find the photograph I took of it (weird!).

My Thoughts on the Boxes:
The November box was dedicated to all things lips - so as I love lip products I was extremely happy with this box. I have been/will be using all items (bar the brush). All up I received $US57.15 (approx. $64.50 Australian) worth of items/products.

The December box was a mixture of colour products. I thought it was a fabulous box and will/have use all products. All up I received $US56.33 (approx. $AU63.60) worth of items/products.

I have found the Lip Factory boxes to be spot on, really tailored to suit my skin tone and style. I love that each box is full of surprise and I have not been disappointed with any item - that in itself means I am getting great value for my money. Even when I check out the website I do not feel cheated with what I received in my personal box compared to what other received (which happens regularly with the Australian ones).
I look forward to seeing what January brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment