Wednesday 24 July 2013

Bellabox July 2013 - The Luxe Beauty Travel

 I must admit I really was not looking forward to this box - I have been bitterly disappointed with Bellabox's offerings for a few months now (darn those prepaid memberships!) and was praying I would not receive any more of those darn dry shampoos (I hate the things they make my hair stringy and oily - yuck!).
So it was a pleasant surprise to open the July box - my goodness I think I have a use for virtually everything in this box (shock, horror!).

 This box had a great variety of 'travel' products - practical products which I am sure I will be putting to good use, in fact I will be putting some aside for my trip to Singapore in a few months.
 I thought the Clear 'Total Nourishing Care' shampoo & conditioner were a great size (50ml each) - small enough for my suitcase, but generous enough for a number of washes. I even went online (as suggested by the packaging) and enrolled in the 7 day challenge 
(www.clear7daychallenge.com.au) So I will be receiving more Clear samples in the post shortly - bonus!.
To me the product smells of apples - very clean and crisp, slightly scented but not over-powering. I also was very happy with how my hair felt when washed with this product - it felt, well clean. Apparently this product is good for my scalp - which is great as I need some tender-loving care on my poor scalp at the moment!
RRP $5.99 ea - 200ml

 Egyptian Magic - now this is an interesting product (3ml). It is marketed as an all-purpose skin cream - a CULT product.
I have received this as a sample when I purchased items from Beautybay.com but never got around to trying it. I have really oily skin and hesitate to trial skin creams as it tends to worsen the oil production. However I did read a post by Lauren Roberts - How to use Egyptian Magic Cream 10 ways 
http://bellabox.com.au/magazine/how-to-use-egyptian-magic-cream-10-ways/?utm_medium=SMO&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=blog_post&utm_content=how_to_egyptian_magic
So I think I might just give this one a try - I particularly like its use for stretch marks and treating cuts (very handy)
RRP $49.00 - 118ml

 Now this is a hot little number (literally!) - Libra 'Hotties'. It just so happened I was experiencing some tummy discomfort that night so I thought I'd give this product a whirl. 
Open the packet, remove sticky covers and attach to skin (too easy!). 
The product heats up automatically (no microwave necessary) and apparently stays hot for 8 hours... well it did. 
I found it heated up gradually but remained at an acceptable temperature, not too hot/uncomfortable, plus it successfully eased my discomfort. 
I normally need to pop a few painkillers and have a bit of trouble sleeping. But this little patch did wonders. I had a good night's sleep and removed the patch the next morning. Very discreet and effective.
In fact I was so impressed I added it to my shopping list. It just so happened that my parents were visiting so while out shopping I saw Coles had it on special - I encouraged my mum to purchase a pack (my dad was keen to get some too!)
RRP $4.99 pack of two

 I have always loved Model Co. I find their product reasonably priced and of a great quality. I love the fact their products are made in Australia. 
I particularly love their lip glosses and lipsticks (especially love their smell!) and I really love this Cheek & Lip Tint. The colour is gorgeous and looks fabulous on and being a travel size (5ml) I can pop it in my purse/handbag with ease.
fabulous item!
RRP $24.00 - 10ml

 Gatineau 'Aquamemory', This is probably one product I will not be using as I have no use for it. It does not suit my skin. However I know a friend who will gratefully take it off my hands. 
It too is of a great size (5ml) - easy to pop into a handbag/suitcase. I also like the pump-action dispenser - no mess.
RRP $100.00 - 30ml

 Could this tube of Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream be any smaller?? Me thinks this is just a bit too small. I dont think it would last if I took it on a holiday - couldn't the tube be even 5g?  (it's a 3g tube) I suppose if you only used it on your lips it may last the distance, but I am sure it would not stretch to any other dry areas of skin.
However as it is from Japan (and lots of great things come from there) I think I may give it a try. My lips have been a bit dry since I caught this dreadful flu.
Apparently it has held the top sales spot in Japan for over 50 years - so it must be something special.
RRP $34.95 - 70g


 This is a cute little La Fresh sachet, I love these things. I pop them in my handbag 'just in case'. My box had the Anti-Aging Face Cleanser sachet - a wet wipe with maqui berry/peptide rejuvenators. Apparently it 'revitalizes' my skin. Will have to give this one a try!.
RRP $16.50 18/20 sachets per box


 Now I love Rosehip and all the wonderful things it does/can do for my skin. So I was very happy to get this Rosehip Oil Skin Boost Roll-on. Plus it contains 100% Aussie rosehip oil!
I have been using rosehip on my stretch marks (oh the joys of pregnancy!) and have been having some success - so I am very keen to give this one a try.
Having the roller applicator is an added bonus, and once again travel size (15ml), so easy to carry around.
Not listed and no price on the card! 
RRP $29.95 ea 50ml on the BB website for the Rosehip Vital Oil

 I got the London LUXE city guide. This I have passed onto a friend as I don't see myself using it in the near (or even far) future. I didn't even open it so I really cannot comment of what I thought.
 RRP $12.99 ea 

 So all up I can say I am very happy with the July box, I definitely feel I have got my money's worth and I have a number of new products that I am excited about trying. 

Well done BB and hopefully this will be the way forward!
Until next month...........


2 comments:

  1. Great, detailed post! I've been using the Libra Hotties recently and love them! xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasminecara - I think those hotties are fab - got my stash in the cupboard.
      And thank you for being my first, ever comment :)

      Delete