Tuesday 30 July 2013

Samantha Wills 'Love at Sunset' Ring (Burgundy)

Miss Pep and I were concentrating on some paperwork this afternoon when a pleasant surprise, a toot out front, announcing the arrival of the Toll delivery van! (these always bring wondrous things). We were very excited as my Samantha Wills order has just arrived!. 

Last Friday I received an email informing me of a Samantha Wills 3-day promotion - FREE shipping on all SW items - well that was an opportunity I couldn't pass up as I was definitely in need of a SW fix!. After much humming and harring over the great selection on the SW website I finally made my choice of the Love at Sunset Ring.

Living in Western Australia we tend to have to wait and wait ....and wait for most online deliveries so it was wonderful to receive my order in less than 2 working days - actually when I think back I did my order Friday evening so less than 2 working days! WOW! how's that for super service!.

As per usual my item was beautifully presented in a black velvet bag with swing (brass) tag attached inside a gorgeous wooden keep sake box (photo on left), then securely wrapped in bubble wrap for protection while in transit.

Now the goodie inside - the ring. I apologise for the dreadful lighting - taken at night - so the glorious colours appear somewhat muted.                            
Checkout the ring on the SW website for a better indication of colours. 
http://www.samanthawills.com/detail/love-at-sunset-ring-burgundy

Now I love Samantha Wills jewellery and I have managed to collect quite a few items over the years, however sometimes I do find their rings a bit big even for me. So this ring was just the cake - dominant on my hand, but not too overwhelming and heavy looking. (size: height  - 55mm and width - 25mm)

Initially it was the colours which drew me - the lovely reds/burgandy's, greys and mauve/browns with clear crystal accents - all set in 'burnished gold'. Colours which will look fabulous against my current wardrobe.

As the name suggests this ring (to me) conjures those lovely colours that appear at sunset, when the sky is drenched in the dying colours of the day and nightfall is about the darken the sky.  (oh how poetic I've become!)

 With an adjustable band I can wear this ring on any finger - which is a bonus as I like to swap my rings around - for different effects and mood changes. Unlike many adjustable rings  I have I find the SW rings don't pinch my fingers - whether I expand or decrease the band size I find the ring fits and sits well and doesn't nip my skin (ouch I hate that!)

So all up I am very pleased with my latest purchase - fabulous item and great service from an Aussie seller - and have organised an outfit to wear with it tomorrow. 


 The end........


No comments:

Post a Comment