Wednesday 29 January 2014

FAB Box - January



My January FAB (Fashion and Beauty) Box was delivered by the postie this morning and it is looking great.

After all the stuff around with my subscription a few months ago I was seriously considering cancelling, so lets see how I react to this box..........

I must say for a box that costs more than the usual beauty box it did not look 'full' (and I was a little concerned when I initially opened it). 

Another issue (for me) was the 'box' - the Her Fashion Box comes in a great re-usable box - which is reasonably solid - but the FAB box doesn't (which I think is a shame) - maybe this is something LHI can work on improving!?.

My box contained a variety of items - 4 beauty products and 3 fashion items.

 SunSense
Sport Cream SPF 30+
RRP $23.95
200 ml
FULL SIZE ITEM
Unfortunately I found out I am allergic to this product so I will be giving it away. 

I was shocked to discover a few years ago that something in this brand causes me to develop rashes and itchy bumps. We were all given a tube while at the Pacific School Games (Canberra) and I had to ditch mine after a bad reaction.

  Maybelline New York
Dream Fresh BB Cream
RRP $15.95
30 ml
FULL SIZE ITEM
I got one of these in my December beauty box and I was like 'meh... another one, and its the same colour too!'. 

Maybe if they had sent the skin corrector one I would have been happier :/ There are only so many BB and CC creams one woman can use before becoming overwhelmed (or is that underwhelmed!?)

So a bit disappointed there.

  Le Tan
Le Tan in Le Can
RRP $6.99
45 gm
DON'T THINK THIS IS FULL SIZE ITEM
'Not another fake tan' she screams pulling at her hair..................................

I am over all of these fake tans that all of the beauty boxes are sending out. I hate the stuff - hear me HATE the stuff! - sorry but none of these products work on my skin and no matter how much (or how well) I prep my skin and how careful I am the end result is....well...scary! I look like a white marshmallow who got too close to the fire (shudder!)

Rant over...... another item I have no use for and will need to find a home for.

 Lime Crime
Velvetines Pink Velvet Lip Stain
RRP $24.00
26 ml
FULL SIZE ITEM
Now this is one product I have been DYING to try.....so thank you FAB box I cannot wait to test this one.

I LOVE lip stains and have heard so many great things about this product. Not normally a 'pink' person I actually like this tint and the packaging is super sweet.

 LHI Accessories
Delicate Stacking rings
RRP $9.95
FULL SIZE ITEM
I am not sure about these. I do like the colour of the stone' but the rings look super cheap and I am not sure how they will go. 

I normally buy at least sterling silver when I buy my rings - I love rings and at any given time I wear at least 5 rings across my fingers. I do tend to keep away from these type of rings as they discolour quickly and don't last that long....... so we shall see.

 LHI Accessories
Candy Coloured Chandelier Earrings
RRP $19.95
FULL SIZE ITEM
Now these I do like... 

I love their shape and the bold, bright colours with the hint of diamente. I love this style of earrings and will definitely be wearing these to work (and play!)

I was shocked to discover a few years ago that something in this brand causes me t

 LHI Accessories
Gold Love Bracelet
RRP $12.95
FULL SIZE ITEM
Not my thing, once again I wear at least sterling silver bracelets and bangles and do not see myself using/wearing this one.

I find they discolour to easily (quickly) and do not last long. I can think of one little girl who would love this bracelet!

What are my Thoughts on this Month's Box?
I initially thought it was great, then when I started to break the box down into individual pieces I was not as impressed as there are quite a number of items/products that are useless'.

So lets break it down into dollars and see if it was worth the cost:
Cost of box: $49.95 (this was the two box special so January's box = $24.98).
Total value of box: $113.74
Minus the items I cannot/will not use: $69.79
Total value of items/products I love/will use: $43.95

So I am still ahead... there are two items I really love (Lime Crime Lip Stain and earrings), but there are five items I don't ....... so even though I feel I did get value for money I am still left with five useless items.

Jury is still out.......


No comments:

Post a Comment