Friday 10 January 2014

Project Pan 2014

Reading through the forums on Beautyheaven I came across a great idea put forward by one of the lovely ladies (Linda). For her New Years resolution she has decided to do a 'Project 50 Plan' - she will not purchase any new beauty related products until she has finished 50 products she currently has/is using.

I thought 'WOW' what a fabulous idea. It is a great way to make sure products are used up (and not wasted). I also think it's a great way to save some money too. As a support she has started a forum discussion (on Beautyheaven), encouraging others to join in an discuss/support each other.

My first thought was 'I need to do this', I have so much 'stuff'...everywhere. Then the doubts set in - 50 is a lot and I don't think I would have the determination (or will power) to keep to this, plus I love (need?) new things..... no not really but they are hard to resist.

So I have thought it over these last few days and have made my decision. I am going to give this project a go, but I am not going to be as brave/ambitious as Linda. Instead of '50' products I am going to aim for '10' (in '5' increments) - yes I am a wuss but I thought if I aimed small I will hopefully have a better chance of some success and achieve some of my goals and hey I may surprise myself.

What are my rules/expectations?

1. Well obviously I am aiming to achieve '10' empties/pans before I purchase anything new. I      am focusing on 5 at a time in the pursuit of my 10.

2. I will still be uploading some 'hauls' as these were purchased before today (10/01/2014)         and some as yet have not been delivered. (I will put a disclaimer in each post about                 purchase/arrival times/dates)

3. I am currently subscribed to a number of pre-paid monthly beauty boxes. These will               continue to arrive and I will continue to post about them.

4. I will purchase necessities (i.e. toothpaste, deodorant, razors...) as I run out of them.

Anything else?.........

Well I suppose the most important thing is I need to have a real clean out - I have accumulated a shit load of stuff and fear it will go off before I am able to use it. I simply have to resist temptation and stay strong to my goals.

Wish me luck (I am sure I will need it!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment