Wednesday 15 January 2014

Project Pan 10 ..... Take 5


Well I have achieved my first goal. I have managed to finish FIVE items (and not made any purchases) yay!. I am feeling very proud of myself as I admit I had my doubts about my ability to stay strong and not splurge.

Anyways I have given a brief write up about each of the five items I have managed to finish.

Garnier Fructis 
Intense Nourishing Shine Treatment 
300 ml (1 minute mask)
Oh dear just how long I have had this lurking in the back of my cupboard I would not know. I simply cannot resist buy hair products and whenever I see something new I have been splurging (oh dear!). However since changing to a new hairdresser she has been helping me with 'appropriate' shampoos/conditioners and treatments. So I have either been giving away or trying to finish off items so I can start my new (and improved) regime.


I love fruity flavours, so couldn't resist this item plus the added bonus was the mask only requires 1 minute (I am too impatient to wait 3 - 5 - 15 minutes for a product to work). This mask is for coloured hair and is supposed to nourish and protect my coloured hair. My hair did feel softer and was more easy to manage after this treatment

Would I buy again? Probably not- even though I was happy with the results - I simply have another brand I prefer.


 Neutrogena
Deep Clean 
Invigorating Foaming Scrub
125 ml
I really love this product. It is cool when applied to the skin and is quite a gentle scrub (which lathers up). My skins felt refreshed and very clean after use. Having very oily skin I have found this not only freshens but also fights the oil battle and is gentle enough to use every day (I use it in the shower every morning). And with the weather being so hot I also used it on my decolletage as I find sweat pimples are appearing.

Would I buy again? It is definitely a product I would purchase again. 


Bomb Cosmetics
Paradise Lost 
Solid Shower Butter Bar
This is (well was) a moisturising bar (purchased from the Get Drenched website) It is made from pure cocoa and shea butter, with coconut, neroli and lemongrass oils.  

I normally love all Bomb Cosmetics, unfortunately this item is simply not for me. My skin felt greasy and slimy (all day) whenever I used this bar. I did feel (and love) the gorgeous scent, but the greasy feeling I simply did not like. 

Would I buy again? I will not be buying this item again due the greasy feeling I had which lingered all day - and during hot weather was uncomfortable. (but all other Bomb Cosmetics are not safe!).

Mario Badescu
Kiwi Face Scrub
118 ml
This scrub is advertised for dull and congested skin which needs regular exfoliation to keep it clear and smooth. It is made from real kiwi seeds and soft bits of seaweed. The product has quite a thick, creamy texture and is shimmery bright green with kiwi seeds visible.

I have a number of Mario Badescu products are really love the, unfortunately this was not one of them. Not sure if I simply bought a bad batch but it smells 'plasticy' and it is not a nice smell. I have really struggled to finish this product and a number of times have resisted the urge to bin it. It does a great job, my skin does look and feel soft and nice after use, however the smell is something I find really repugnant.   

Would I buy again? I will not be purchasing this item again - simply due to the smell.

Marzena
Sensitive Hair Removal Lotion
100g
This hair removal lotion is specially formulated for face, bikini and underarm. I use it for my underarms as I find shaving (especially in summer) causes rashes and itching. I have been using this brand (for both my legs and underarms) for quite a number of years and I remember as one stage it was quite difficult to buy. Since using it on my legs I have found the regrowth to be slow, less dense and finer. I do find it a bit messy when applied, however the end results far out weigh the mess.

I have not been using the underarm lotion for as log as the leg one, however I am seeing less regrowth so I am very pleased with this.

Would I buy again? Yes I will as I am very happy with the results. Plus it is quick and easy to use - apply to skin, wait 4 minutes then wash off in shower (plus no razor burns).

Neutrogena
Oil-Free Acne Wash
14 ml

This is a sample sized item and I have not counted it in my five items (it is one of a set I received free through the Pinch Me website). 

I tend to have more oily skin, but every once in a while I get a pimple or two near my nose or chin so I still tend to use acne-related products for their 'drying' out effects (otherwise my face become an oil well during summer especially).

I like this product. I have found it to be gentle, but effective, on my skin. Easy to use (I use it while in the shower a fewtimes a week) and my skin feels clean and fresh (and does keep the oil at bay).

Would I buy?..... maybe. Only because I have other products which I am faithful to and fine very effective. 

Stay tuned for my next lot of five items....hopefully I will stay strong

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Glad to see you are finishing off products! I'm struggling at the moment.
    I have the Bomb Cosmetics bar and i don't find it is greasy at all (I don't have dry skin).
    Can i ask if you rinsed it off after you applied it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imi!.
      I know I will struggle too, that's why my goals are quite low as I don't want to worry about 'failing'.
      Yes I did rinse it off, and despite this it formed a greasy-like film over my skin which was quite shiny (and obviously greasy) all day long. I don't have dry skin and was quite surprised as I am a HUGE fan of Bomb Cosmetics (and love everything else I have used/tried). But hey not every product works for ever one and unfortunately it didn't work for me :)

      Delete