Friday 10 January 2014

Lust Have It 'Bridal Party Box'


No I am not getting married, nor engaged. I simply thought I'd give this box a go as I expected it to be full of goodies and as a one-off it may be an opportunity to pamper myself. That's why I decided to order this box when Lust have It advertised it back in July.

I ordered this box on 25th July 2013. What with all the fanfare (by LHI) I expected to receive it within a month or so (from time of payment) .... 
                                                            Oh no that didn't happen! 
When I had not heard anything by the end of September I emailed LHI inquiring about its status to be informed it was happening 'soon'. 
By the end of November I was thinking 'this is a joke', I paid 4 months ago and nothing appears to be on the horizon. So I emailed again to be told 'oops we didn't send you a box'...wtf? I paid as soon as the box was advertised how could I miss out??.
I was told a box would be sent out A.S.A.P.
By now it was into December and I was still waiting. By now I was rightly pissed off and simply wanted to cancel the whole thing (the  shine had definitely rubbed of this little box!) so I sent an email telling LHI just what I thought of their (lack of) customer service.
..... End result was I finally got my box mid-December (after a wait of nearly 5 months!!!! from time of payment). 
Due to the stuff around I was no longer excited about the box and in actual fact it sat unopened in my office for over a week as I could not even be bothered opening it. Eventually I did open it (obviously) and found it did contain lots of yummy goodies (just that the whole drama has left a sour taste in my mouth)


I do love Wotnots facial wipes and was happy to receive this pack in my box. They are something I use everyday and will definitely come in handy. This is more of a sample pack (5 wipes) so will come in handy for when I am travelling or to pop in my handbag.

I have received this type of mask in previous boxes and I admit to never having used them. I am not keen on masks where you drape something over your face and 'lay back and wait 15-20mins' I feel as though I am suffocating....but off topic here as this is a HAND mask. 
So I will be giving this one a test as the skin on my hands have been feeling a little stressed of late (I think its all that gooey stuff I put them in at work!).


Revlon Skinlights is another product I have received before, but this time it is actually in a shade that suits my skin tone and I will definitely use - which is great!. This is a full size item.


At the moment I have loads of mascara, so I am putting this Macro Lash away for a month or two before giving it a twirl. I have not yet opened the packaging but it looks great and is another full size item.


I have never used a makeup finishing spray, so I look forward to try this one. However I will leave it for a little while (too hot for makeup at present and being on holidays I tend to go without any make up)


Have not had the opportunity to try this yet. But I love face masks and look forward to trying it. I do like the inclusion of a brush for application (I'm terrible as I hate using my finger tips). Great little bag to - will come in handy.


I have used Paula's Choice Oil Blotting Papers and really liked them so have put these in my handbag for future use. My forehead in particular gets very oily and I always carry around blotting papers. In fact i have them everywhere - bathroom, work drawer, car, handbag.......




Appelles Bath Caviar is new to me. I must admit when re-modelling my bathroom I insisted the bath remain and paid the extra to have it as a spa - having thoughts of long, luxurious spa baths sipping champagne while reading a book ... cut back to reality and in the 12 years I've had the spa I can count on one hand the number of times I have used it. So maybe this bath caviar is the excuse I need as it smells heavenly (I love patchouli!)


This Inika Mineral Illuminator looks lovely, however it is not something I will be testing in the near future as when it is hot illuminators simply make my skin look shiny (not dewy!). I prefer to use them during the colder months




I received one of these Model Co. Gel Eyeliners in another box (think it was the FAB box) and I really loved it. Easy to use and not harsh on my eyes. I really love Model co. products and am glad that they are now getting the attention they deserved. 

I have given this eyeliner to my daughter - who loves it too!

Included in the box was a 10% discount for Appelles.

My Thoughts:


After all the dramas I say I was initially 'mmmmm' about the whole box. However upon opening and looking at all the items I must says I am very pleased. There were goodies I have used (and liked/loved) previously plus others which were new to me.

I think it is a fabulous 'pampering' box - which was the aim (for a bride) and think it would be excellent for a bridal shower... or even to use to pamper yourself. My only concern would have been delivery. If I was a bride expecting this box before my wedding I would have been bitterly disappointed as I do not believe it would have arrived in time. (and I hope this did not happen to anyone).

No comments:

Post a Comment