Thursday 23 January 2014

January Bellabox


My January Bellabox arrived in the mail this morning and I was disappointed to see no box. I really love the boxes they were using and it is sad to see them go. Lets see whats in the box and what my first impressions were.

Scandalous 
Rock Chick Wave Spray
150ml
RRP $17.95
FULL SIZE ITEM

I have never heard of this brand before - it apparently tousles my hair and makes me look sexy!. As I have a fair bit of curl in my hair I am hoping that this product will work.

Model Co. 
Fat Lash Mascara
11ml
RRP $20.00
FULL SIZE ITEM

Model Co. is a brand I regularly use and love so I am interested in giving this item a go - I just need to finish the other 20 mascaras I have before I can trial this one!. I admit mascara is something I do not wear very often and when I do I reach for my old faithful (Mirenesse one) simply because it does the job, does not smudge and isn't a hassle to remove.

Banana Boat 
Everyday SPF 30+
RRP $21.00 for 400ml
SAMPLE SIZE ITEM

Oh no not another sunscreen sample :/. I am so over these samples - I seem to be getting them all the time and quite honestly I don't like this brand nor this product so it is a waste on me.

Vaseline 
Aloe Fresh Daily Lotion SPF 15
25ml
RRP $7.68 for 200ml
SAMPLE SIZE ITEM

I had a bit of a sneaky look at some other boxes and was looking forward (to what I hoped I would get in my box) and boy was I disappointed when I saw this item (was hoping on the bath gel).  I don't even use this brand and this product is useless to me as it does not even suit my skin type plus I find the scent offensive! (so Bellabox why did I even fill in a questionnaire about my skin type, hair type and preferences!).
Another wasted product!.

Avene 
Soothing Moisture Mask
&
Rich Hydrating Cream
5ml each
RRP $41.95 for 50ml (mask) & $52.95 for 40ml (cream)
SAMPLE SIZE ITEMS

Avene is a brand I do like and I have generally been very happy with the products I get in my beauty boxes, however Bellabox you have out-done yourself again - another two products which are utterly useless to me - I have OILY skin - I do NOT need nor WANT either of these products.

The mask is formulated to sooth and pamper sensitive, dehydrated or weakened skin while the cream is for dry to very dry dehydrated sensitive skin.

INM
Natural Manicure/Pedicure Nail File
RRP $1.95
FULL SIZE ITEM

Nail files generally come in handy and they are an item I use regularly - however I have received a number of them in beauty boxes over the last few months and at the moment I have a drawer full so I suppose I can always add this to the pile :/


My Thoughts on the Bellabox:
I am somewhat disappointed in the box as a whole simply because it mostly had products which do not suite my skin at all. As mentioned above I query Bellabox's reasoning for the questionnaires when they don't even consider it when compiling the boxes. If Lipfactory and Wantable can successfully tailor a box to suit me why can't Bellabox? Yes I am frustrated as it appears I am wasting my money on things which are of no use to me. When my subscription runs out I think I will be cancelling this box as each month the disappointment level is rising.

Value for money? 
No, not really as the Rock Chick Wave Spray is the only product I am excited about and with a RRP price of $17.95 it hardly seems worth the cost of the box.

On a more positive note I do look forward to testing out the Rock Chick Wave Spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment